Economist Impact: Wolrd Ocean Summit Virtual Week
The 9th annual World Ocean Summit will take place online from March 1st-4th 2022. Attendees can join the summit from anywhere in the world, free of charge.
This global event will take place over four days, and will bring together the broadest cross-section of the ocean community, from businesses to scientists, government, investors, and civil society. It will feature six industry tracks: shipping, fishing, aquaculture, energy, tourism, and plastics.
Network with 5,000+ attendees and hear from more than 100 speakers as they provide checks on how their industries are progressing towards 2030 targets, and what needs to happen next. Sessions will address cross-industry topics including ocean finance, governance, and restoration solutions. Speakers will discuss the finance gap, assess new technologies and highlight successful initiatives that are beginning to make an impact on ocean health.
- Amina J. Mohammed, deputy secretary-general, UN and chair, UN Sustainable Development Group
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, commissioner for environment, oceans, and fisheries, European Commission
- Peter Thomson, special envoy for the ocean, UN
- Mariam Bint Mohammed Almheiri, minister of climate change and environment, UAE
- Maya Gabeira, professional big wave surfer, activist and board member, Oceana
- Scott Eastwood, actor, entrepreneur and environmental activist
- Jane Ewing, senior vice-president for sustainability, Walmart
- Peggy Kalas, director, High Seas Alliance
View the full agenda and speaker line-up here.